Project Type: Sports and Public Assembly
Project Size: 675,000 Square Foot, 17,500 Basketball Arena
The Milwaukee Bucks are constructing a new basketball arena to be open for the 2018 basketball season. The project team includes Populous Architects, HNTB, and Eppstein Uhen Architects. The proposed area is an iconic civil building that will be a powerful symbol for the City of Milwaukee.
The Arena is a pile supported structure consisting of a reinforced concrete frame, composite steel frame; steel brace frames, structural precast concrete seating bowl and long span steel trusses. The exterior of the building is comprised of curtain wall systems, architectural precast concrete, metal panels, stone veneer and single ply membrane roofing. The ZS team is currently engaged as a consulting partner with the project team providing a number of key structural and building envelope design and consulting services including:
- Structural Design and Engineer of Record for deep and shallow foundation systems.
- Roof Consultant and Architect of Record for all roof and gutter systems.
- Design and Engineering of Building Maintenance and Window Washing Access and Fall Protection systems at exterior envelope and interior catwalks.
- Exterior Envelope Consultant for exterior wall systems including curtain wall, precast concrete, metal panels, air barrier, insulation, and masonry systems.
- Full Time Onsite Resident Engineer Services during Construction.